A Lot of Passwords to change

This topic is 7919 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a large database consisting of approximately 80 files each file has up to 12 different passwords limiting the amount of access to the file. As a college we have recently been audited and one of the areas that was raised in the audit was the fact we don't change passwords enough and we should be changing passwords every couple of months.

This means that I have to unshare everything to change passwords, which takes me approximately 1/2 day. I have heard of some software that I can purchase that will do this for me but is it possible to run a script that will individually go through each file and change the password. i have already limited staff access by the status(currentusername) in the scripts that are used to navigate around the system. Many thanks in advance for any help given.

Before going through this agony, I would suggest the following. Create a login system which is a database that maintains a list of usernames and passwords. Use this as you password system and go to a much simpler Filemaker password scheme. This way you onlge passwords on a user by user basis, and do not actually need to monkey with your files.

This topic is 7919 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.