Windows FM 17 :- Create Folder On Windows FileShare

This topic is 1624 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello Guys

I am pretty new to FileMaker and I have inherited the administration of a FileMaker DB that was written by someone else.  

Users of the FileMaker DB complained that they no longer have the ability to create a folder/Subfolders to a network file share by click the button.

After investigating i realized that  my predecessors used the productive computing File-Manipulator plugin to create folders/Subfolders

Could someone assist me to re-write this script using the  Send Event function. If you have any questions please feel free to ask

Capture.PNG

Unfortunately the PCFM plugin is not creating the folder and sub folder on the network path provided.

From my understanding the script suppose to create a folder in the \\NetworkPath\EnfsFiles\CaseID\HearingID.  Example \\ServerName\EnfFiles\123-001\789

Where 123-001 will be the CaseID as the folder name and 789 will be the Hearing ID as the sub folder name.

• In the firast screenshot below shows how the PCFM_FolderCreate function is used to create the folder
  • As you can see the PCFM_FolderCreate gets the path information form the  CreateEnfsPath field in the Hearing table.PCFM.PNG.3b7aaeb358c13b22f45bc6d363b2206b.PNG
  • This is what the CreateEnfspath field look like Hearing in the table. I covered the server names in blue for client confidentiality.HearingTable.PNG.82e19ff05ee76e69314cb26cf190246a.PNGCreateEnfsPath.PNG.12ffad736b5b727b8a696693430e7420.PNG                                                   I hope this makes some clarification. if you have any question please feel free to ask.

The current infrastructure is FM17 server with FM15 client. The script and plugin is being run on the FM15 client.

Some users receive the error: unable complete operation. Other user doesn't receive an error message it will just say completed but when you check the network file share the folder and sub folders doesn't exist. 

This topic is 1624 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.