what do i do with FM Unlimited 5?

This topic is 7944 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

ok we have FM Server 5 with 30 databases. i want to be able to host them on the web. we have people that access the files via a FM client to dataentry and regular day to day things. i want to have people access the information via the web.

i have no clue what to do. it's not like there are any instructions. where do i put FM Unlimited? does it have to have all 30 programs open to view on the net? what about server?

i am very confused.

please help

Peter

ok i have one g4 running server5. this has our daily everyday files. there are some files that i want to be able to access via the web. now do i have another computer open these files with FM 5unlimited via server and turn on the web sharing.

and what is the web server connector? when and where do i use it.

does anyone know of any resources for this information?

Peter

You can have all of your database files on FM Server, including the ones you want to publish to the web. Then use FM Unlimited to open the hosted files you want to publish to the web. Server and Unlimited should run on different machines. If the files you want to publish to the web do not need to be accessed by internal users, set them to single user. Web Server Connector is for connecting your database to a web server like IIS.

Look at Filemakers site for White Papers . There is one called Configuring Filemaker Pro 5 Unlimited. This should shed some light on the situation for you.

This topic is 7944 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.