Fixing Y Axis

Darren S

This topic is 1609 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I have a layout that includes a chart that totals sales for each month - January to December.

There is also a drop down list where I can select the year for the chart to display results.  Each time I select a year the scale of the Y axis changes.  For example, if maximum sales for a given month in 2017 are $3.9M it will show $4.5M as the maximum value on the Y axis.  In 2018 the maximum for a month is $4.9M, so the Y axis changes to show a maximum of $5.5M

I want to be able to set a scale for the Y axis so that it does not change.  Ideally I could create a variable for the user to preset.  As an example, the user could set the maximum at $7M.  This way, the charts are a better visual comparison as we change the year to be viewed.

I tried creating a second series that has the limit set as the data (I am using simple bar chart) but with no control over making that invisible this doesn't appear to be a solution.

I can't see any other settings on the Chart editor where I can fix in the scale of the Y axis.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

I have a chart where the user can select the product type and it shows the sales for that product only.  There is also an option to show total sales.

My chart has a maximum Y axis value of $6,000,000.  No values exceed that limit.

When the user selects different products, the width of the chart changes.  The Y axis limit and increments are the same.  The X axis is also the same (being 12 columns - one for each month).

Do you know how to fix the size of the chart?  It appears to dynamically resize based on the data.

This topic is 1609 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.