Price based on JoinTable issue

Devin

This topic is 1620 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've got 4 tables.  Product, Vendor, VendorProducts and Product Price.

A Product can have multiple Vendors. Each Vendor has their own price for a product.  My issue is I want to also Track the Price changes a vendor makes but also show the latest pricing when looking at a product. 

When setting up the Portal to list the VendorProducts on Products is not an issue but returning the latest Product Price based on a timestamp is the issue. I could create a script to place the latest price in the VendorProduct but that seems like the wrong approach.. The other thought is maybe create a Calc Field in VendorProducts to return the price is thats possible? Or maybe there is even a better way....   Thanks

2127809085_ScreenShot2019-11-15at2_02_21PM.png.d0de22b6cd52a5f1633b8b3640efed1e.png

If you define the relationship between VendorProducts and ProductPrice to sort the records on the ProductPrice side in reverse chronological order, then the Price field placed in a portal to VendorProducts will show the most recent price.

Alternatively, you could define a calculation field in VendorProducts as:

Last ( ProductPrice::Price )

This is assuming that either the relationship is not sorted and prices are entered in chronological order, or the relationship is sorted in chronological order.

This topic is 1620 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.