Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ghagen

Scribe ScribeDocSaveContainer not working after Filemaker freeze

Recommended Posts

FM 18 Pro, OSX Catalina, 2019 Imac.  
I've been working with the Scribe plugin for weeks, having developed many complex and successful scripts.  While adding to a script (unrelated to 360Works, I believe), my Filemaker database locked up and had to be restarted.  Since then, I have not been able to complete the ScribeDocSaveContainer process.  When it reaches that point, the following error is thrown:

'"$tmp" could not be created on this disk.  Use a different name, make more room on the disk, unlock it or use a different disk'.

I have restarted the OS, deleted the entire Filemaker application and reinstalled it (along with the 360works and other plugins), and the error persists.  I ran a system first aid using CleanMyMac, and again, no change. The description for the ScribeDocSaveContainer definitely implies it's the source of the error - "Returns the currently loaded file as a container field, applying any modifications. This closes the document after saving it to a temporary folder."

 It would seem to be a locked / corrupted file or file permissions issue, but I don't know what to do to correct it.  Any suggestions or ideas?

 

BTW, get(TemporaryPath) reveals the second screenshot below; however, I can't find any files (hidden or otherwise) that stand out for repair or deletion.

Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 11.09.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 11.31.32 PM.png

Edited by ghagen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Followup:
This seems to be representative of an issue that appears on OSX from time to time.  However, all solutions I tried accomplished nothing.
- Removing DBCache
- Selectively removing all Filemaker related temporary files and preference files
- Running Disk Utility to fix all permissions
- Running another repair utility (Cocktail) to run all maintenance scripts and flush virtual memory
- Deleting (and recreating) the entire S10 temp directory above

again, no luck.  Is there a setting in Scribe to create a different name?  Because otherwise, Filemaker is working just fine.  
Or, is there another temp location that Scribe is using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Further update:
The offending script function is "Export Field Options", not ScribeDocSaveContainer (which is working fine).  Strangely, "Export Field Options" isn't working from one script, but is from another, so my mystery remains...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you tried changing the path that you are exporting the file to? If so, do you get the same error?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.