Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Formula

RFK

This topic is 1590 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have in the layout A button that when clicking shows all the records of the database, but I wanted that button to only show a certain record, for example when I log in with account 1 shows the records that are linked to that club, account with account 2 shows the records that are linked to club 2.

I leave an example:

Click the button instead of displaying all the records showed only the following:

Account 1
John
Alex
Jordan

Account 2

Sarah
Anne
Megan

Regards,

Lewis

Welcome to the forums. I've moved your topic from "conditional formatting" because this question is not about that.

It would help us to answer your questions if you'd update your profile to at least tell us what OS and FM version you're using. (It would also help you to get more responses if you use a more descriptive title than "Formula.")

All that said, the ideal way to accomplish this is to set up privilege sets under Manage > Security.

https://fmhelp.filemaker.com/help/18/fmp/en/#page/FMP_Help%2Frecord-access-privileges.html%23ww1028797

You can use the Limited option to limit record access based on a calculation. When this is in place, doing any Find other than Show All will automatically exclude records that don't match the calculation. E.g., rather than Show All, use something like find * (wildcard).

This topic is 1590 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.