Data not displaying, but able to be found

This topic is 1538 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have been working as the developer/designer for our FMPro databases for many years now for a real estate company/rental agency, and this is the first time I have seen this happen. There is a record (a rental home) that is able to be "found," but once found, does not display any data. None. The fields are blank. You cannot tab into individual fields, but perform a find for their data, and the blank record mysteriously displays. When I try to delete it, it doesn't delete, yet the record count for the actual existing records is accurate. Display all records in list form, and no blank record displays. Go to a related table of homeowners, and the owner of this property appears to have two homes in its portal - the property I imported from a backed up file to resolve the issue, and the blank one. I can't for the life of me figure out what is going on, except that something got corrupted along the way and I can't get rid of it. We store our files on a server with four agents accessing them within the office or occasionally from home via VPN. Anyone out there have any ideas??

It's certainly possible the data is corrupted. I'd recommend you take a backup of the file and run the Recover command. If that fixes the issue, then go ahead and un-host your file and recover it. Ideally you'd then import your data into a known, non-corrupt copy of the file but this is not always possible. FWIW it's probably more common than most developers would like to admit that we go on using files that have experienced corruption somewhere along the way.

https://fmhelp.filemaker.com/help/18/fmp/en/index.html#page/FMP_Help%2Frecovering-files.html

Welcome to the forums.

This topic is 1538 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.