Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Send Email via Runtime Solution Doesn't work with macOS Catalina?

This topic is 1550 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Actually, I guess this could apply to macOS Mojave as well, but is there any way to get the Send Email script to work when creating a Runtime solution in macOS Catalina?

I'm using FileMaker Pro Advanced 18 to create my runtime solution. I created a button on my main menu to send an email. When I click the button in High Sierra (and all previous macOS versions) it works. But in macOS Mojave and Catalina, nothing happens.

I know that Apple placed security limits on applications, but there's no way to add my runtime to the list of allowable applications to execute a script. What is supposed to happen is that macOS is supposed to have a pop up that allows you to click to allow this application to run scripts and access mail.app. So this works in FileMaker Pro Advanced 18. However, when I covert my solution to a Runtime, it's no longer "FileMaker Pro Advanced" and instead is considered a Runtime app.

In macOS Catalina, manually adding my runtime solution to this area didn't work: System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy (tab) > Accessibility > (Allow these apps below to control your computer)

Is there any way to allow a runtime to have a simple button to click Send Email in Catalina?

I'm stumped.

Edited by Otis

This topic is 1550 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.