Send Email via Runtime Solution Doesn't work with macOS Catalina?

Actually, I guess this could apply to macOS Mojave as well, but is there any way to get the Send Email script to work when creating a Runtime solution in macOS Catalina?

I'm using FileMaker Pro Advanced 18 to create my runtime solution. I created a button on my main menu to send an email. When I click the button in High Sierra (and all previous macOS versions) it works. But in macOS Mojave and Catalina, nothing happens.

I know that Apple placed security limits on applications, but there's no way to add my runtime to the list of allowable applications to execute a script. What is supposed to happen is that macOS is supposed to have a pop up that allows you to click to allow this application to run scripts and access mail.app. So this works in FileMaker Pro Advanced 18. However, when I covert my solution to a Runtime, it's no longer "FileMaker Pro Advanced" and instead is considered a Runtime app.

In macOS Catalina, manually adding my runtime solution to this area didn't work: System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy (tab) > Accessibility > (Allow these apps below to control your computer)

Is there any way to allow a runtime to have a simple button to click Send Email in Catalina?

I'm stumped.

Edited by Otis

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By dancer5678
      I am using Filemaker Server 18 on Windows Server 2012 R2
      Been using it for years with no issues
      Currently when I log in to the console it is very sluggish.
      When I get to the Dashboard it shows No databases, then it auto refreshes and the database list appears.
      Within 15 seconds of scrolling the database list to open files the screen refreshes. This situations is happening over and over in a loop.
      Any Thoughts on what is causing this issue?

• By stevaroni
      I get an error 3 when using a script to Export Records via WebDirect. Using FileMaker Server 18 and have tried both Safari and Chrome both with same results. I have tried using the temporary path, desktop path, and documents path. I have tried using with the automatically open and not. I have tried writing a tab delimited and comma delimited file. Does anyone have ideas I haven't yet tried?
    • By cheerfulzebra
      Hi All

I am hoping some one can help!
      I have a table called TPM, in that table is a field "Next Due Date" Which is auto generated by creating a new record. You input the date you did the service and then it adds 3 months to that date and that appears in the Next Due Date Field.. All working...

What I am trying to do is when the database loads it runs a script to see if there are any outstanding TPM Services to do...
      Here is the script
      Show Customer Dialog
      Message: If ( TPM::TPM Next Due Date < Get (CurrentDate ) ; "You have outstanding TPM services" ; "You have no outstanding services")
      I thought it would be that simple. So I created a TPM Due date Less that Current date and ran the script...."You have outstanding TPM Services"...GREAT! Then I deleted that record and ran the script again...""You have outstanding TPM Services" Oh!!! That isnt true!

PLEASE HELP I'M LOOSING THE WILL TO LIVE HERE!!!
    • By Kitesurfer
      Hi,
      Can someone please explain why Leftwords function is not properly working when importing an excell sheet.
      For example the name John Doe LeftWords ( Client ; 1 ) should show "John" only.
      When typing John Doe it works fine but not when importing ????
      Looking forward to a reply.
      Kind regards
      Rudy
    • By Pio Soto
      Hi,
      My issue is that my customer layout has a script trigger on LayOutEnter that sorts my customers portal list by "Active" customers,
      but when I do a go to related record from another table say from quotes or any other the customer layout does not load that customer
      or show my related customer because the OnLayoutEnter script trigger changes it, I would like it to go to the related customer and also sort it by "Active"
      on the list.
      Hope someone can help me with this.
      Thanks,
      Pio
  • Who Viewed the Topic

1 member has viewed this topic:
    AndersNystrom 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.