MP4 show in FMP not in Filemaker Go

This topic is 1508 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I am starting to implement a solution within FileMaker Go. At the moment I do have video files which are showing in FileMaker Pro but not in FileMaker Go. When importing the video files I've selected "Store only a reference".

The file itself reside on an external drive which has been connected through the Apple AFP protocol.

When looking at the properties on the iPad it shows "moviemac:/directory name/filename.mp4". I would have thought the file should have been named "moviemac:/Volumes/directory name/filename.mp4".

The iPad is connected through the ethernet (RJ45) directly to my own network. The computers (FileMaker Pro) and the iPad (FileMaker Go) are accessible from FileMaker Server. The FileMaker Go application "VideoFile"  becomes available through the Host called "pzoomvideo-filemaker-server.local". 

Why going with FileMaker Go?

I am selecting the FileMaker go because I am intending to use the complete set of functionality provided with AVPlayer. The VideoFile filemaker Go application is to be accessible about 300 to 500 feet away from the server. I am then using ethernet rather than wifi because of reliability and connectivity.

Questions:

- Why those external video file (MP4) do not show on the iPad when the application is open? How do I make video file stored on an external drive to show in FIleMaker Go?

- Why does it take so long for the apps stored on the Host network to show and to become available?

Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 5.44.13 AM.png

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0106.PNG

IMG_0105.PNG

IMG_0104.jpg

This topic is 1508 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.