Server Maintenance This Week. ×

MirrorSync 6 - mixes in numbers "." and ","

This topic is 1534 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I am migrating one by one my db's to Mirrorsync 6.

With one db I have a strange problem with the number seperators decimal "," and thousand "." (like "1.234,56EUR)

A number value like "1,419" is after the sync 1.419,000
This happens when opening the local / remote file on FMgo or FMProADV on OSX 

When opening the files directly on these devices from the server this does not occur !

Any help or hints are welcome 🙂

Kind regards from Germany

Carsten

Wrong.PNG

Right.png

Hi Carsten,

Are the values in the hub file supposed to read as "one thousand four hundred nineteen Euros"? or are they decimal numbers like "one point four one nine Euros"? If it is supposed to be thousands then I think the reason you are getting decimal numbers instead of thousands in your offline files is because those fields are formatted with the system default for numbers where the the decimal separator is a comma (,) so when "1,419" is being inserted it is seen as decimal not the intended thousands. The reason they are not changed when connecting directly to the file is because those values were explicitly typed into the file so the formatting won't get changed. How is this number field formatted?

Hi

The Field is formatted as:
currency, fixed numbers of decimal values 3, seperator for thousand "."

Because these are petrol prices they have 3 decimal values ...(1,419 €/liter)

I think that it is FileMaker and not MirrorSync that is reformatting the number. I say this because I set up a number field and changed the formatting for it to match what you specified in your last post. When I enter "1,419" into the field and click out of it, FileMaker reformats the number to "€1.419,000". I have attached the file that is doing this, please check and see if you also see this behavior. Perhaps the machines your are syncing with are in a different locale that use a comma (,) as a thousands separator instead of a decimal (.) ?

NumberFormatTest.fmp12

This topic is 1534 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.