Schema advice, please

Rich S

This topic is 1498 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Greets, all:

I'm stuck trying to figure out how to best accomplish the following; I figure it's a relationship question so I hope I posted this puzzler in the correct forum; if not, please move it to the right one.

I have a Student (parent) table which pushes comments into a Comment (child) table, so it's a one-to-many relationship because each student can have many comments.

I put a checkbox'd value list in each portal row so that users can tick which recipients should be sent the comment; they'd then click on the SEND button to the right of the list to send that (child table's) comment to every ticked recipient. Where I'm stuck is how to gather all the ticked values into a variable that will be used to fill the address field of an e-mail. Am I on the right track with using a value list in a portal this way or Is there a better way of setting this up?

Cheers,

Rich

Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 12.29.17 PM.png

Ideally you would click on a button on the message go to a related detail page of the message and have yet another portal to the recipient each person would get their own record - if you intending to send these out then they have an independent timestamp or respond for the target person. You could create some portal or other button bar to add each person to the join table, and a means to remove them from the list (if added in error) 

• Thanks 1

This topic is 1498 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.