In October 2017 I presented two sessions at the German-speaking FileMaker Konferenz. My first session was focused on results of almost forty thousand performance tests our team had performed and evaluated to compare different versions of FileMaker Pro and FileMaker Server and the second one was focused on our recent great discovery of the impact of database structure on its performance. Now we have made the best parts of those sessions publicly available, so don’t hesitate and dive into the deep waters of FileMaker performance and I hope you'll find the videos useful.

Edited by HOnza
forgot tags
  • Similar Content

• By HOnza
      When most of the world is forced to work from home, many things you took for granted can disappear over night. Speed of the internet is one of them, performance of your business critical apps follows very closely. The good news is that most of the custom FileMaker apps out there do not use the full power of the platform and they can be made much faster. So let me share a few tips on how you can optimize your FileMaker apps for working from home over the slower-than-usually internet connection.

Do you know what tools you can use and how you can improve your app's performance to an acceptable level even when connecting from home over VPN?
      For example, one neat trick will make everything appear in the Top Call Stats, not just the 25 top calls...
      Read more in my article with an inspiring 5-minute video
    • By HOnza
      Excerpts from my “FileMaker 17 Performance Lab” session are available, covering some of the topics not covered anywhere else, as well as from my presentation of upgraded demo integrating 11 hardware technologies. Take a look at highlights of the FileMaker Konferenz 2018 and learn how field dependencies can slow down your Set Field, how to minimize the impact of slow network connection, why to avoid overusing conditional formatting, how to benchmark and optimize layout rendering, or how to integrate RFID, NFC, mobile printer, motors, digital scale, and other hardware with FileMaker app running on iOS.
      Click here for the whole article and videos

• By 360Works
      Demystifying the FileMaker Server Top Call Stats Log
      Are you wondering why your FileMaker Server is running slowly or performing poorly? The FileMaker Server top call statistics log can help. It records up to 25 of the most impactful remote calls to your server that occur during a collection interval.

Using this native FileMaker feature, you can see who is connected to your server and what actions they are performing. This can give you an idea of why your server might be running slowly or performing poorly.

Sometimes it can be difficult to understand all of the statistics displayed. In order to help bring clarity to this, Joe Martin, Senior Developer here at 360Works, put together a demo to give you a clearer picture of what is going on with your FileMaker Server and how you can improve your development. He will give you greater top call insight and cover the relationship between top call stats, client stats, and the server stats log.
      Watch the Video
      Watch the Video   Interested in improving your apps even more? Check out 360Works FileMaker tools!
      Product Name Product Description Portfolio Bundle All of our FileMaker Plug-ins for one discounted price Charts Easy-to-use charting for FileMaker CloudMail Send and track email marketing campaigns Email Send and receive emails, plus send SMS/Text Messages from FileMaker 360Deploy Automated, simple deployment of new database versions FTPeek FTP upload and download from your FileMaker database JDBC SQL access with JDBC Compatibility MirrorSync Sync FileMaker Go and Pro on a device without network connection, sync FileMaker Servers, and sync FileMaker with SQL databases, WordPress, Salesforce, or AWS databases Plastic Payment processing plugin RemoteScripter Trigger scripts on FileMaker Pro from the web or IWP SafetyNet FileMaker Server offsite backup Scribe Read and write PDF, Word, and Excel files, plus OCR functionality and PDF Merge/Splice in Scribe 4! ScriptMaster Adds many new functions & create custom plug-ins SuperContainer A better container field Web Assistant Access internet resources, URLs, and fill out web forms Web Services Manager Publish FileMaker scripts as XML Web Services Zulu FileMaker calendar sync - integrate with Google Calendar, Apple Calendar, and Exchange Calendar You can get a free fully-functional demo, learn more, or buy the product that meets your needs at any of the links above.

If you need AWS consulting, custom FileMaker Plug-ins, or have any questions. Please email us at infobox@360works.com
        Stay updated with 360Works

• By dkey
      My FMP pro 15 doesn't allow to import ".avi" and ".mkv" files.
      The error is the files are not the specified file type
      How to do so?
    • By auarstadtt
      Hi everyone,
      Can you help me to setup a webwiever to display videos on OSX ? I've search but didn't find the solution.

Kind regards.
      Antoine

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.