Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Editing Layout

This topic is 7940 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have used web companion to make a web page that shows the last order in a database but i don't know how to edit the layout of the page. The address for the page is http://131.111.46.215/FMRes/FMPro?-db=fly&-sortfield=order&-sortorder=descend&-format=FormVw.htm&-lay=&-max=1&-token=25&-find and i guess that FormVw.htm defines the page layout but i cant find this file anywhere on my system. I have tried copying the HTML code for is page and saving it in the web folder but if i add a new order to the database it doesn't update to show the last record. I have also tried opening the FormVw.htm file in internet explorer and saved it in the web folder as searchf.htm but when i use searchf.htm instead of FormvW.htm in the url obove it says it cant find searchf.htm.

"... but i cant find this file anywhere on my system..."

Let me guess. The reason you cannot find this file is because you are using IWP in which FileMaker generates "on the fly". If you the want control which one can infer from your writing, then you must engage yourself in the wonderful world of CWP.

This topic is 7940 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.