Top Call Stats remote call explanations

This topic is 1486 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello there ... hoping everyone healthy and solvent!

Trying to become as well versed as possible navigating the top calls stats log in order to better troubleshoot some issues we have from time to time. Does anyone know of a document or source of explanations for the remote calls listed in the log? I.E Download List, Upload List, Compare Modification, etc. It's rather maddening attempting to troubleshoot when you don't have this level of understanding. Thanks so much. 

There is very little information about it, and you've identified the big gap between the Top Call Stats log and what we know as developers about our solution.  We don't know how actions (script steps, calc executions, manual finds,....) translate into the calls as reported in the log.  Furthermore, the log only records the 25 most expensive calls in the logging timeframe, so you do not have a complete picture of a user's action anyway.

But it's the best we got and often you can surmise what it does, but not always.  One of things you can do is to host the solution on a dev server, log on as the only user and enable the log then do some of the routines that are reported as slow.  That will paint a better picture of how those actions translate into calls.

Thanks Wim for your thoughts ... I had even called FM support and they couldn't point me in any direction. Good idea though about the dev server angle, I'll give that a shot. 

This topic is 1486 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.