Optimization and hardware integration at FileMaker Konferenz 2018 - the best parts

Excerpts from my “FileMaker 17 Performance Lab” session are available, covering some of the topics not covered anywhere else, as well as from my presentation of upgraded demo integrating 11 hardware technologies. Take a look at highlights of the FileMaker Konferenz 2018 and learn how field dependencies can slow down your Set Field, how to minimize the impact of slow network connection, why to avoid overusing conditional formatting, how to benchmark and optimize layout rendering, or how to integrate RFID, NFC, mobile printer, motors, digital scale, and other hardware with FileMaker app running on iOS.

Click here for the whole article and videos

1.jpeg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• Similar Content

• By dbservices
      Integrate your FileMaker database with Amazon Textract to turn paper or scanned documents into useful digital data. Check out the full article and follow along with a free sample file download: https://dbservices.com/blog/filemaker-amazon-textract-integration

dbservices.com
    • By bhamm
      I updated my SwiftFM repo for the FileMaker 19 Data API.

https://github.com/starsite/SwiftFM

Notable improvements include support for the new `validateSession()`, and moving the server `message` into the completion block. So now you can access the message in the closure, where it's more helpful. Better examples as well. Give it a ⭐️ on GitHub if you find it useful. Thanks! 😘

• By HOnza
      When most of the world is forced to work from home, many things you took for granted can disappear over night. Speed of the internet is one of them, performance of your business critical apps follows very closely. The good news is that most of the custom FileMaker apps out there do not use the full power of the platform and they can be made much faster. So let me share a few tips on how you can optimize your FileMaker apps for working from home over the slower-than-usually internet connection.

Do you know what tools you can use and how you can improve your app's performance to an acceptable level even when connecting from home over VPN?
      For example, one neat trick will make everything appear in the Top Call Stats, not just the 25 top calls...
      Read more in my article with an inspiring 5-minute video
    • By HOnza
      Our lead developer Milan made his dream come true and built a pond controlled by FileMaker and Raspberry Pi.

The pond contains about 35 cubic meters of water (about 9246 gallons) and it’s 2 meters (6.5 feet) deep in its deepest point. It is equipped with both mechanical and pressurized filter, UV light, pumps for filtration and waterfall, and an air pump. There are water plants, fish, and other water animals living in the pond. To keep the pond in good conditions, Milan has automated control of its environment with the help of Claris FileMaker and Raspberry Pi…
      Click here to read how he made it all work and even watch it in action

• By HOnza
      Claris has recently released Claris Connect. It’s an integration platform provided as a cloud-based service, letting you easily connect many different apps and make the data smoothly flow between them. To show you how it works, I have prepared a short demo using Claris Connect to integrate a FileMaker based CRM with Maichimp.
      Read how Claris Connect fits in the toda's world and how it compares to other integration methods

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.