Portal Filter

This topic is 1449 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am trying to get my portal to filter by the last 2 values - it sorts by date created and thats fine but I would like to only see the last two entries in the portal - no more

Just now, Lanclos said:

I am trying to get my portal to filter by the last 2 values - it sorts by date created and thats fine but I would like to only see the last two entries in the portal - no more - these would be the last two entries according to the timestamp

A simple solution would show a portal of two rows only, with the sort order reversed. 

If that's not acceptable, then you need to produce a sorted list of the related records' dates (or IDs sorted by date), extract the last two values from this list and filter the portal to allow only these two dates (or IDs). This could be done in a number of ways, depending on whether the existing relationship is (or can be) sorted and also on your version. Please complete your profile so we know what you can use.

Note also that your request is ambiguous WRT case where the last two (or more) entries have the same date.

Edited by comment

This topic is 1449 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.