FM Go script issue—Find query works on one iPad but not another

I have two iPads connected to FM server. For some reason one ipad (5th Gen running 13.5) will not complete the navigation scripts and shows error messages (no records match this find criteria), however the 7th Gen running on 13.1.1 works fine..... Issue has only begun after purchasing the second, newer iPad. I cannot for the life of me work out what is wrong, or how to troubleshoot and would love some guidance please!! Here is a screengrab of one of the scripts and related layout:

fm go script issue.tiff Orders iPad layout.tiff

Tip: don't use the "restore" option of Perform Find; we can't tell what you are searching for and neither can you by just looking at the script.  Use explicit coding and do:

Enter Find Mode

Set field ....

Perform Find

Show us what it is searching on.

Also show us the layout in layout mode.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Bbuwell
      What would it cost to have someone make me a database using filemaker go on a single ipad for managing a lost and found inventory?  

What I would like it to do ... 
      1.  log into the database each item being put in and by whom 
      2. take a picture of each item 
      3. print a sticker to affix to each item with a barcode so it can be referenced for disposal or pickup by owner
      4. have email reminders for auditing on specific items that can perhaps only be stored for X hours before being destroyed (credit cards and such)
      5. generate a weekly and monthly report for all activity in the lost and found safe.. 

Thanks.. Brian 
      bburwell@gmail.com 

• By typewriter
      I have a problem with FileMaker Go 18.0.3.325 (iPad, iOS 13.x). The app crashes when I adding an autograph to a container field using Insert from Device. Does anyone have a similar experience? I has worked fine, using older versions of FMGo. How does this function work anyway? Is it kind of interactive webviewer that is called using Javascript to capture the autograph and putting it back as a graphic into the container field? Claris' documentation is non-existing on these kind of topics.
      NB on other occasions, I noticed that an 'interactive container field' is in fact a webviewer that interacts with the container storage, and FileMaker sometimes seems to get confused, so I guess this is happening here too. Should I check for some non-standard browsers on the iPad (it's a customer's iPad, not my own)? Any suggestions would be welcome!
    • By ironsuit
      Filemaker Go 15 instantly crashing on launch(iPhone) since IOS 14.2 upgrade.  Anyone else? 
    • By mvoogt
      Hi have a PDF that I annotated on my iPad. I upload this pdf to a container field in FM Go. If I go to my desktop FM Pro, I can see the annotations just fine in the container preview however on FM Go, the annotations do not display in the preview.
      If I export the pdf from the the container, the annotations are indeed there.
      What can I do to get the annotations to show in the container preview in FM Go (as they do on FM Pro on the desktop).
    • By mvoogt
      I'm on iOS. I'm using iOS shortcuts and FM Go.
      In FM Go, I send a container's PDF to iOS shortcuts via a x-callback-url with an "input" of the Base64Encode PDF. I annotate the PDF in iOS Shortcuts. I then send the annotated PDF back to FM Go to insert it back into the container...however there seems to be some characters in the Base64encode fmp url parameter that can't be passed in the URL coming back.
      Is there something I can do to further encode this Base64 script parameter (that is the annotated PDF) so that it will pass back to FM Go via the URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.