Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Importing within FM Cloud

JRW1

This topic is 1409 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

I am trying to perform an import from one table to another within a FM cloud file but cannot see how this works.  I need to run the import on the server as running it from teh desktop client is far too slow compared to when I had the database hosted locally. I have worked out how to get simplke scripts running on the server by setting a parameter (eg the layout), but I only get error messages when trying to run an import script taht worked finme on a local version of the db. Is it actually possible to run an import script in the cloud, and is there any dociumentation to help with running scripts in teh cloud as I have foudn very little help online with how to set parameters etc.

I hope someone can help me!

Server-side scripts cannot import from one table to another directly.  You have to make it a two-step process by exporting from the source table, to a non-FM format (CSV will do) and then import from that CSV into the destination table.

• Newbies

Many thanks for the quick response. I did an export /import like this when I ran the scripts locally as I was grouping data. How can I specify a location in the cloud for the csv to export to: I can't see what path I would use - the script needs to run entirely in the cloud (rather than via local export/import) as they involve processing very large tables of data?

server-side (FM Cloud or FMS, doesn't matter) FMS has access to only two folders:

1) the documents folder that is inside its own folder structure, you can use Get(DocumentsPath) - anything you put in there will remain there

2) a temporary folder created for the script that runs, you can use Get(TemporaryPaty) for that - anything you put in there gets deleted by FMS automatically.  Beware that it is for the running script only, don't expect it to be there for any other script.

This topic is 1409 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.