Carafe and WebDirect

This topic is 1368 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am working with the Sankey Chart and the C3 Bar Chart in Carafe and they are working great, with the supplied data that I was able to modify. (have yet to figure out how to link my own data, but I will). 

I am wondering if these web viewers are supposed to able to work while viewing in WebDirect? So far I get errors in WebDirect and wonder if they only work in the Client platform.

Thanks

Hello FileMaker Gurus,

Has anyone gotten Carafe to work with FileMaker webdirect? I got it to work on Windows 10 and on my Ipad but when I uploaded to my FileMaker server I get the following errors in the webdirect web viewer:

HTTP Error 400. The request URL is invalid.

HTTP Error 414. The request URL is too long.

Spinning wheel

Thank you in advance,

Shawn

Thank you both for your questions. There is nothing inherently incompatible with Web Viewers and Web Direct. The problems you are experiencing could either be with the bundle implementation itself, or something with how Carafe is or is not properly handling encoding for WebDirect. Could you both comment back with details about which version of Carafe Kitchen you are using, and for @smower which bundle(s) you're trying?

I am using Carafe 3.0.3

This is error from the C3 Bar Chart

Failed to load the bootstrap javascript: ./../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../VAADIN/vaadinBootstrap.js?v=7.7.9.fmi

This is the error from the Sankey Chart

Bad Request - Invalid URL

HTTP Error 400. The request URL is invalid.

Interesting. Well first off I suggest that you download Carafe Kitchen 3.1.1 which is the latest version.

https://carafe.fm/downloads/

We did actually have a deployment bug with WebDirect encoding, and I'd have to research to find out which specific version the fix was in, but there's a good chance you have a version with that bug in it.

@Digital_Impressions what version of FileMaker Server are you on? It's hard to tell from your movie, so just to confirm, that is of a WebDirect screen? Which browser?

You're going to want to be able to look at the browser's console to see what's going on. If you're on Windows, IE, you can use the F12 developer tool that comes with Windows. See https://youtu.be/yxozls1glHM?t=368 (at 6:08 for instructions on how to find this). All other browsers will have a developer mode you can enable which can help you track down errors like this.

In any case, if @Jesse LaVere or I get the chance, we'll try to test this one out on WebDirect and see if we can identify what's going on.

@dual_mon 

Thank you.

I am using FM18 and this video is web direct on a Mac using Safari. I am not sure what version of fm server the host company is using.

I just tried it in Chrome and it does the same thing.

I will  look at the developer mode in Safari to see if I can track anything down.

20 minutes ago, Digital_Impressions said:

I am not sure what version of fm server the host company is using.

This is important to know, because the WebDirect client is whatever version of Server you have.

@dual_mon

OK, I found out my database is on a FileMaker Server 17

The errors I get in Safari are #400 and #404

I am not sure what other things to look for in the browser developer window, so hope this helps.

If it would help to have access to the file we can do that.

Edited by Digital_Impressions

My database is on FileMaker Server 18. The error messages happen on Windows Firefox. On Windows Chrome I don’t see the error messages but none of the charts are generating that I can tell. On Ipad Safari I get the same error messages that are displayed on Windows Firefox.

Hello again,

I've set up a simple demo file in which I've enabled WebDirect, and deployed a selection of scripts from Carafe Kitchen 3.1.1.

The Full Access credentials are admin:admin

I uploaded it to FileMaker Server 17, 18, and 19 and tested in in Chrome and Safari (FireFox is not supported by WebDirect).

They all open fine. If you're having troubles with WebDirect, make sure you've deployed your bundle with Carafe Kitchen 3.1.1 or higher. We did have an earlier version of 3.x which didn't have the proper encoding for WebDirect.

image.png.7101cdb0fe3b5f2b13705556f6558653.png

Pasted_Image_7_20_20__5_40_PM.thumb.png.1c257536630cabcf29442dfa0ae7444e.png

The Full Access credentials are admin:admin

Carafe Web Direct Demo v1.fmp12.zip

@dual_mon

Thank you. i tried your file and does work for me in web direct. I did deploy my bundle with Carafe Kitchen 3.1.1, so I am stumped. Its probably something to do with my data in java, or how i loaded it.

I will have to play with it some more.

again, thank you for looking into it.

The brief load, followed by the error, suggests maybe you have an unexpected script trigger or something else going on. Make sure you're only loading it once.

I found a couple optional script steps that ran after loading the chart. I disabled them and now it works in WD.

image.png.a38011e19ce3bb89d0060025046e527e.png

I think I may have too many items in the right column. Here is what is happening.

It does this in FMP also if the window is not tall enough.

Edited by Digital_Impressions

Thank you for that demo file. That seems to work for me on webdirect served by FileMaker server 19 on Windows in the Chrome Browser and the IPad Safari browser.

4 hours ago, Digital_Impressions said:

I think I may have too many items in the right column. Here is what is happening.

It does this in FMP also if the window is not tall enough.

Yes, the display issue when there is too much data in the right or left column is something you'll need to deal with by either consolidating your data, or enlarging the screen, as the Sankey implementation just doesn't handle that very gracefully.

This topic is 1368 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.