Server Maintenance This Week. ×

export to formatted excel FM6?

This topic is 7936 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi experts,

I have read in the filmaker.com website that I could export

records into a formatted excel spreadsheet. I received a request

from my client for this kind of excel export. But I do not have

any idea about how to accomplish this.

Can anybody share your experience if you have succesfully

accomplished this already?

Thank you all in advance.

Hameed

I have exported FM files to excel quite seamlessly, but I wouldn't say that the spreadsheets were well-formatted. I poked around FM.com too and read something really interesting that I am going to try when I get in the office on Mon:

Drag a FileMaker Pro file from the Finder to Excel, and the Import Wizard helps to select the database records to import. Once the data is imported, you can easily use the versatility of Excel to sort, filter, format, analyze, and chart your information. You can even refresh the data inside Excel at any time to reflect the most recent changes made in FileMaker Pro. Excel 2001 offers several ways to import FileMaker Pro data to Excel. You can drag a FileMaker Pro database to an Excel 2001 worksheet, or open a FileMaker Pro database by using the Open command on the File menu or the Get External Data command on the Data menu.

Quote from website

http://filemaker.com/support/microsoft_products.html

So I guess if you have FM5.5 and Word2001 Mac, this is really easy. Does anyone know if it will work for Excel2002 (Win) as well?

Ken

Thanks Ken for you reply. I really do not know before that excel can seamlessly work with FMP. But what actually I wanted to do is that, I want the users to directly export a found set of data from a FMP file hosted in the FM5.5 server to the excel sheet with nice formatting including company logo etc.

Please let me know when you crack this. I am pretty sure there is a way that I am at the moment unable to find because I have seen in the Filmaker website saying FMP can can do this.

Thanks for your help.

Hameed

Hello

If you just want to export a FM file so that you can open it in Excel, Choose File/Export Records. Choose either tab separated or comma delimited. This file of exported records can now be opened in Excel.

I am going to try dragging my 5.5 file into Excel Mac 2001. That will make it 10x easier and more fun.

Ken

This topic is 7936 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.