I know that peer to peer sharing has been deprecated. I also know that it still works on my network between two computers.

My client has a two-person shop and has been doing peer to peer for years. He wants to upgrade from an old version of FileMaker to 19 because he is getting new computers. He has been hit hard by events this year so he wants to spend the minimum amount.

My versions of 19 are part of a volume license, so I don't know if p2p sharing is only working because of that. Would it work with two or three individual licenses of 19?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By wdrspens
      In list view my fields extend off the available screen area.  In Layout Mode the Top Navigation part scrolls to the right together with the Body part, BUT when I exit Layout the Top Navigation part does NOT scroll when I scroll to the right in the Body part.  How do I keep the Top Navigation Part in line with the Body Part?    This is thoroughly disconcerting as my field labels are all in the Top Navigation Part, but the fields are in the Body Part.  The two do not align as I scroll to the right.  Any suggestions would be gratefully received.  
      Problem Solved - I should have put the labels in 'Header' rather than 'Top Navigation'.  Now the scrolling works
    • By fousthvk
      Does anyone know how to do this? calling the "generate as configured" script stacks the script that gets called after the webveiwer is set at the end of the primary script, there for only the last record in the found set of the loops actually has the image file created and saved to the container field.
    • By bgscott
      Recently converted a FM application from V6 to V19.  The application will run on FM server.  Very new to FM19
      Questions related to temporary path
      I have scripts that exports data to 3 temporary fm12 files.  Two of the temp files hold data that is them imported to other files and one of the temp files holds data for a lookup in another file.
      dhistory imports data from dtemp
      rhistory imports data from rtemp
      vendors looks up data from vtemp
      The temp files are fm12 files
      Questions
      1.  I would like to have the temp files sent to the temporary path on the users computer.  I have not been able to correctly specify the output path to send the temporary files to the temporary folder on the users computer.  This is one attempt: get(temporarypath) & dtemp but this does not sentd the file to the temporary folder
      2.  Once I get the correct syntax to save the temporary files in the temporary folder, how do I tell the import records script step where to find the temporary files?  What is the correct way to point to the file so it would work on any users computer?
      3.  Vendors file performs a relookup in vtemp, so I need a relationship between vtemp table, located in temporary folder, and vendor table.  How do I specify the location of vtemp so it can be found on any users computer?
      Once the script finish running the temporary files are no longer needed and it is my understanding that the temporary files will be deleted when the Filemaker session is closed.
    • By milky
      Hi All,
      Just had a look at the new Add-ons in Fm19.
      Is there a way to make the timer work in reverse.
      i.e. Start from a field (Timer::TimeLength) that a user can input, so that the specified time of say 30:00 will run down to 0:00
      Any help would be appreciated.
      Regards

Milton.
    • By BostonFM
      I am trying to script an import of three worksheets in the same Excel file. The 3 geographical regions worksheets are not structured the same, i.e. field name rows are not in the same place and are named differently.
      The script runs but stops to ask which worksheet to process.
      How do I create a variable/parameter in the script for it to proceed sequentially from worksheet 1-3 without stopping?
      Thanks
      DA

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.