External data source on another FMS18 - yet, server 1 believes the file on the external server 2 is the local file

This topic is 1276 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This is strange. 

Two FMS18 servers on Mac. 

Both run a similar database file I had synced with mirrorsync. One of the tables is not that important but slowed mirrorsync down, so I decided to not mirror that table between server 1 and server 2, but instead make server 2 an external data source to server 1. 

I add server 2 as external data source to server 1. 

Then, things start to get weird. The table I wanted from eh external source I deleted from server 1. Yet, when I add server 2 as external datasource, it defaults back to the local file? 

I can tell that's what's happening according to two observations: server 2 has the table X; server 1 does not as I deleted it. 

Also, the external data source management windows shows file:FILE.fmp12 instead of fmnet://server2.xyz.com/FILE.fmp12

How on earth can that happen? Filemaker seems to connect to server 2 but then think it's the same as the local file and decide for me to take the file on server 1 instead of the file on server 2?

Very strange!

Thank you!

This topic is 1276 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.