Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Count in found set

mj3411

This topic is 1251 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have 1100 records in a found set. 12 records are for 1 customer 2 records are for another customer etc.

My question how can I get an individual count of each customer in the found set.

It depends on what purpose you need these counts for. Usually it is sufficient to define a summary field that counts the records and place it in a sub-summary by customer part. When you sort the records by customer, you will see the individual count of each customer in their sub-summary.

• Newbies

I have the sub-summary sorting by customer name but I still get all the record count for al that customers records.

Out of 1100 records found and sorted I'am just trying to get the number of pay dates for each.

4 hours ago, mj3411 said:

I still get all the record count for al that customers records.

If you are not getting the expected result, then you are not doing what I suggested. Since I cannot see what you are doing, I don't know how to fix it.

The attached file demonstrates clearly that summary fields summarize each sorted group of the current found set.

SummaryOfGroup.fmp12

Edited by comment

• Newbies

Thanks again I got it. I have been off & on FileMaker for 10 years, I worked with it for 20 years so you would think I wouldn't be so rusty.

Again thanks. (I couldn't see the forest for the trees)

This topic is 1251 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.