Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Inserting an image into a PDF with PDF Manipulator (v 1.0.2.5)

This topic is 1215 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am trying to "post" an image from FileMaker into an image field in a "fillable" PDF form in Adobe Acrobat DC. It is not being inserted. I am using the PCPF_SetPDFFieldValue script step. I first tried to post the FM container field image. When that didn't work, I noticed that in Acrobat, when you click in the "image" field, a "browse" dialog box pops up, and when you select the file, the file path is used to insert the image into the PDF. So I tried to post the path to the PDF image field, thinking that perhaps is the path was supplied, that Acrobat would insert the image form the path. No luck. Does anyone know if PDF Manipulator supports "posting" image files from a container field?

Hello CliffKirk, 

Unfortunately, at this time the plug-in does not support "posting" or imbedding images into PDF forms. 

We are perhaps considering adding this feature to future releases, so be on the lookout for plug-in updates. 

-PCIPal

• Newbies

Thanks for the quick response. Assuming that was the case, I exported the image form the FM DB as a PDF and saved it in the folder with the other PDF Manipulator forms that I am exporting

One other quick question. I get an error -1103 when running the PCPF_OpenPDF script step. The file is already open in Acrobat DC, and the script still functions. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for a great Plugin. With it I can accomplish my goal!

Hello CliffKirk,

This error generally indicates that the Acroplugin is not completely/successfully installed. Can you please verify this and let us know if the errors continue?

-PCIPal

This topic is 1215 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.