Protect single fields

filcorti

This topic is 1196 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello everyone, I am a novice so I need some help.

I have created 2 fmp files with thousands of records and a big db that works with together. Some fields works with both files. 

Now inside every records I have... 30 more or less fields that I want to be seen just by me. 

It is a production card and there is a part (the one with 30 field) with the costs.

I need to give this two files to my production manager but I don't want him to see these fields.

Is there any chanche to protect the single fields inside the records?

I dont want to protect the records but the single fields inside it.

Any help? Thank you! 

When defining a privilege set, you can set custom privileges for each field. Start by choosing 'Custom privileges…' for Records. Then select a table and choose 'limited…' for Field Access. Then choose 'no access' for each field you don't want the user to see.

In addition, you will want to remove these fields from layouts that your user can access. But that's just cosmetics. Only the privilege set settings provide true security.

• Like 1

• Newbies
On 1/10/2021 at 10:14 PM, comment said:

When defining a privilege set, you can set custom privileges for each field. Start by choosing 'Custom privileges…' for Records. Then select a table and choose 'limited…' for Field Access. Then choose 'no access' for each field you don't want the user to see.

In addition, you will want to remove these fields from layouts that your user can access. But that's just cosmetics. Only the privilege set settings provide true security.

Thank you very much for your kind answer, you made my day.

Regards

This topic is 1196 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.