Server Maintenance This Week. ×

SuperContainer Crashing FileMaker Pro during Image Resize

This topic is 1151 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hey, I am having some issues with an implementation of SuperContainer. Things had been working okay though they recently stopped working. Our FileMaker developer says that there is an issue with the installation of our SuperContainer server although I haven't touched anything since it had been installed and was working without any issues. Overall, I'm unsure if the plugin is having issues within FileMaker Server, or if it is the SuperContainer server which is having issues.

This instance of SuperContainer (server instance) is installed on a Windows 10 machine, and is being loaded from FileMaker Pro 19 installed on other Windows 10 machines.

When it tries to generate thumbnails, it is unable to do so with the following error:

• Destination image dimensions must not be less than 0 pixels.

Below is the log that SuperContainer is showing when I attempt to do actions within the FileMaker Pro 19 platform.

2/15/21 8:10:50 PM - Calculating dimensions for C:\Documents and Settings\SuperContainer\Files\Emily 2.JPG
2/15/21 8:10:50 PM - Couldn't generate thumbnail for file C:\Documents and Settings\SuperContainer\Files\360\9TJJDMWW972B1AF623092010557OCQFI7FR\PRZ0131_silver.jpg; displaying regular icon instead
	Destination image dimensions must not be less than 0 pixels.
2/15/21 8:16:42 PM - Calculating dimensions for C:\Documents and Settings\SuperContainer\Files\Emily 2.JPG
2/15/21 8:16:42 PM - Calculating dimensions for C:\Documents and Settings\SuperContainer\Files\360\2H03070BEC9CA4124092010638PEMOIMI5\GNA0323 GPSS Manufacture Dimensions.png
2/15/21 8:16:43 PM - Calculating dimensions for C:\Documents and Settings\SuperContainer\Files\Emily 2.JPG
2/15/21 8:16:43 PM - Couldn't generate thumbnail for file C:\Documents and Settings\SuperContainer\Files\360\0RX1PTGSE7DBC1424092010637PEMFL2AB\GNA0323 Front GPSS 3.jpg; displaying regular icon instead
2/15/21 8:16:43 PM - An error occurred while handling request /SuperContainer/RawData/360/0RX1PTGSE7DBC1424092010637PEMFL2AB?width=1&height=-29&page=1 in thread http-47365-Processor2
	ClientAbortException:  java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
2/15/21 8:16:44 PM - Calculating dimensions for C:\Documents and Settings\SuperContainer\Files\360\2H03070BEC9CA4124092010638PEMOIMI5\GNA0323 GPSS Manufacture Dimensions.png
2/15/21 8:16:45 PM - Calculating dimensions for C:\Documents and Settings\SuperContainer\Files\Emily 2.JPG
2/15/21 8:16:45 PM - Calculating dimensions for C:\Documents and Settings\SuperContainer\Files\360\2H03070BEC9CA4124092010638PEMOIMI5\GNA0323 GPSS Manufacture Dimensions.png
2/15/21 8:16:46 PM - Couldn't generate thumbnail for file C:\Documents and Settings\SuperContainer\Files\360\0RX1PTGSE7DBC1424092010637PEMFL2AB\GNA0323 Front GPSS 3.jpg; displaying regular icon instead
2/18/21 5:28:49 PM - Calculating dimensions for C:\Documents and Settings\SuperContainer\Files\360\TRBQDMK7A839BD0118092010406JBRKCICP\GNA0290 Manufacture Dimensions.png

Can anyone shed some light onto this issue? I've tried many different things but always end up at the same result (including attempting to switch the file's directory to 'C:\Users\SuperContainer\Files' instead, since 'Documents and Settings' is a Windows Junction / Symlink).

Thank you!

• Newbies
1 hour ago, ryan360Works said:

Hello,

Can you tell me what version of SuperContainer Server you are running? Also, is this the standalone server .jar? It looks like it is but I just want to confirm. 

This is the standalone .jar version of SuperContainer Server, running at 2.9516.

Hello,

Apologies for the delay in response. I have not been able to reproduce this behavior. I set up a SuperContainer 2.9516 standalone on Windows 10 and can upload to it without issue. One thing that may be causing this is SuperContainer using Documents and Settings. You should be able to set the default path by modifying the web.xml file. Your Standalone .jar file should exist in the folder that you downloaded from our website and should have a bunch of items in it (see attached). Inside that folder navigate to SuperContainer\WEB-INF\web.xml and then edit that file in a text editor. Look in the file for this section:

<context-param>
		<param-name>windowsFilesPath</param-name>
		<param-value>C:\Documents and Settings\SuperContainer\Files</param-value>
		<description>This is where the files will be stored when running on the Windows platform.</description>
	</context-param>

<context-param>
		<param-name>vistaFilesPath</param-name>
		<param-value>C:\Users\SuperContainer\Files</param-value>
		<description>This is where the files will be stored when running on the Windows Vista and Windows 7 platform.</description>
	</context-param>

modify the file path for the windowsFilesPath so that is matches the vistaFilesPath (C:\Users\SuperContainer\Files), save the file, and then restart the SuperContainerServer.jar file. You may need to also change it in the options menu. Once SuperContainer is saving files to C:\Users\SuperContainer\Files, see if the issue persists. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 5.04.49 PM.png

Follow up to this, I would like to go ahead and get some logs from you. On Windows those should be at C:\Users\SuperContainer. Make sure you have reproduced the issue prior to sending. If this SuperContainer is externally accessible, I would also like to get a URL that is causing the issue. Go ahead and send the logs and the URL in an email to [email protected]. That will create an official support case for you. You can reference this thread in the email.

This topic is 1151 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.