Display Graphic in Portal Row

Therber

This topic is 7921 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

There are two ways of doing this. One is with repeating fields, and the other via relationships. I don't particularly like repeating fields, (read: I've practically forgotten how to use them) so I'll explain the relationship version. smile.gif

You now have two files (A and :. You will need to add one more © for the graphics.

In the file shown in the portal (???, add another related file (with a record for each graphic) to it ©. The graphic records in © should relate to the options available in the pop-up field in (B). Make sure to add a container lookup field in (B) based on its relationship to ©. You'll need this field in (B) so that the graphic will show up in the portal to (B) in (A).

That way when you select a pop-up value in the portal you're talking about, the file shown in that portal row will automatically show its related graphic.

Judging from my awkward explanation above, it's clearly more difficult to explain than to do; so I attached a functional, yet oddly primitive, example of the (A), (B), and © files to this post. HTH

Yep, that's a good idea too. I like non-calc relation-based setups sometimes because although they may take a little longer to set up, they are infinitely easier to maintain for the programmer, and especially the user. With a set up as mentioned/attached above, a user can add/delete colors to and from the the color table at will without ever having to open or edit any calc fields. I'm probably wrong in this regard, by I tend to lean towards more tables and relations and less calc whenever possible. It seems to provide for faster perforamance and easier maintenance for the user. smile.gif

PS: What happened to your picture?

This topic is 7921 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.