scribedocload trouble

This topic is 1087 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi everyone,

sorry to bother you with beginner questions, but I am unable to load a .docx document from a container field. As I would like to enable my database for DirectWeb-access, storing my docx-templates inside the database seems easier. For that I have created a table (Files) and container fields (global). One of the latter is the Aktennotiz-field in a dedicated "file container" layout.

My script :

• ScribeDocLoad [ Container Or Url: "Files::Aktennotiz" ]
  • ScribeDocSubstitute [ Search Text: "$Case$"; Replace Text: DBC::Case ]
  • ScribeDocSubstitute [ Search Text: "$User$"; Replace Text: DBC::Operator ]
  • ScribeDocSaveFile [ Select: On; Result: ; Path: Get ( DesktopPath )&"Aktennotiz_"&DBC::Case&".docx" ]

Resulting Error messages:

ScribeDocSubstitute only supports the Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel (2007 and newer) file format (2x)

Writing to output file is not supported for the file param.txt

Loading my docs worked with :

ScribeDocLoad [ Container Or Url: "/Volumes/DOKUS/Vorlagen/Vorlagen_Scribe/Aktennotiz_Scribe.docx" ]

I have tried to set the script up as in the demo, but didn't succeed. 

Help would be much appreciated, thanks

Marc

Hi Marc,

Thanks for explaining the issue clearly. It looks like your script and logic are fine.

The issue may be with the file itself. Scribe requires Microsoft Word (2007 or later) for the .docx format. You may need to save the file in a more current version of word. You can also try using Scribe on some different .docx files, and see if they are triggering the same error. What version of Scribe are you using?

Nick
360Works

• Newbies

Hi Nick,

thanks a lot for this input. My Word Version is 2016 and Scribe is the Demo-Version of 4.0716, which I plan to license for FMS-Web use, as soon I can bring it to work locally. I tried the script with other files. I wondered if there are any requirements for the container fields, as I am using them for the first time. Along with the error-messages, the output is an empty Word File.  

Marc

• Newbies

Hello,

I have found a solution for the problem. There was apparently a syntax error in my script, which initially was:

• ScribeDocLoad [ Container Or Url: "Files::Aktennotiz" ]

When taking away the "", it works ScribeDocLoad [ Container Or Url: Files::Aktennotiz ] 

Maybe that helps others too. Best regards, 

Marc

This topic is 1087 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.