Temporary Path for temp files

This topic is 1097 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Recently converted a FM application from V6 to V19.  The application will run on FM server.  Very new to FM19

Questions related to temporary path

I have scripts that exports data to 3 temporary fm12 files.  Two of the temp files hold data that is them imported to other files and one of the temp files holds data for a lookup in another file.

dhistory imports data from dtemp

rhistory imports data from rtemp

vendors looks up data from vtemp

The temp files are fm12 files

Questions

1.  I would like to have the temp files sent to the temporary path on the users computer.  I have not been able to correctly specify the output path to send the temporary files to the temporary folder on the users computer.  This is one attempt: get(temporarypath) & dtemp but this does not sentd the file to the temporary folder

2.  Once I get the correct syntax to save the temporary files in the temporary folder, how do I tell the import records script step where to find the temporary files?  What is the correct way to point to the file so it would work on any users computer?

3.  Vendors file performs a relookup in vtemp, so I need a relationship between vtemp table, located in temporary folder, and vendor table.  How do I specify the location of vtemp so it can be found on any users computer?

Once the script finish running the temporary files are no longer needed and it is my understanding that the temporary files will be deleted when the Filemaker session is closed.

This topic is 1097 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.