Importing from Oracle on Windows Platform

This topic is 7946 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have been trying in vain for days, to find an explanation for the following, can aynone help please!!!!!!!!!!

I go to the ODBC Data Sources (either WindowsXP or WindowsME), add the Filemaker Oracle8 Driver and under the general tab add the Datasource name etc. When I click 'Test Connection', or go into Filemaker and Import using ODBC, I get the message 'specified driver could not be loaded due to system error (126 on XP, 1157 on ME).

I have contacted FM, but they don't have a clue. I thought that easy access to other data sources using FM was supposed to be a breaze!!!!

I am using FMv6, I have also tried it using FMv5.5, but with same results.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Clive Sanders

Access to other data sources from FMP may be a breeze, but at times a rather smelly one wink.gif

As for your problem, I suspect you may be using the wrong driver. I am not an oracle user, but Oracle may (should) have their own (decent) ODBC driver for this purpose.

This is a piece out of the readme for FMP5.5

8.3. The FileMaker Pro 5.5 installer adds an Oracle ODBC driver to the list of available drivers in the ODBC control panel. If you are already using an Oracle ODBC driver, we recommend that you remove the ODBC Oracle driver that is installed with FileMaker Pro 5.5.

The FMP ODBC support is not as good as they say it is.

Hope this helps

This topic is 7946 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.