Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Relationships with Value Lists

This topic is 1086 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This question may be more of an incorrect relationship setup than a value list, so I am hoping to get help with either/and.

The tables in question are Budgets - which have a unique name and number; and are comprised of the table Accounts ; Transactions for expenses within a single budget; and TransactionsLI, that allow for multiple line items inside of the transaction via a portal and allow for a different account numbers for each line (e.g., line 1= salary, line 2= benefits - each has a different account number).

In short, I need to create a new transaction in the transaction table, select the budget associated with the transaction, then within the Transaction LI portal add one line for each Account associated with the transaction... This seems to work fine, except.. I want to create it so that when I select the associated budget, the account filed in the portal only shows those accounts associated with the budget.

So.. I'm not sure my relationships are correct... last, if they are correct, as stated...I was hoping to create a value list so that when Transaction: BudgetChoice selects the appropriate budget, that the portal of TransactionLI: Account would be limited to only those accounts associated with the budget.

SCC_WF_Budgets copy.fmp12.zip

Thanks - this is exactly what I was trying to do. I did notice that one of my relationships was incorrect, so I appreciate that also. However, I tried to replicate your solution and I cannot seem to get the conditional value list to work. Attached is my attempt at replication. Thanks again.

SCC_WF_Budgets copy 2.fmp12.zip

This topic is 1086 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.