Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Server Scripts Missing

This topic is 1064 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We have a file hosted ... this is the second time the perform on server script(s) went missing; 3 in total but not the BU script?  Now the customer is on an older server version but just for future thinking ... is there other options available to the user to protect them in the event this were to happen again? ( Perform on Server Script going missing )

Currently I am writing a script that will run on the "Users" side that check whether or not a "date" field has populated correctly.  If the date doesn't change to the next day; lets say yesterday to today, this local script would trigger the Perform on Server Script step and perform the script locally vs on the server itself. 

The only challenge I see is that the local machine would have to have the file open and a timer script running every minute and at lets say 10pm the Perform on Server script would run if the date field doesn't change.

Is there a better way to do this ... obviously the Perform on Server is the best way, but since this feature has failed twice now, meaning the Perform on Server script(s) went missing, this feature in unreliable and I would be interested in any thoughts how best to navigate this issue for the customer to back up a daily perform on server script schedule that has proven to be unreliable.

Thank you.

This topic is 1064 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.