Getting "unsupported file type" alert on .fmp12 download

Hi -- a client using a new iPad Pro 2 with iOS 14.4.2 is trying to download a filemaker file from my web-page, but is getting an alert at the bottom of the screen that reads "unsupported file type", and the file doesn't download.

I can't reproduce the problem on my own iPad and haven't have anyone else experience the problem.

Any idea what might be up?  Thanks for any suggestions.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By chris_elle
      Hello
      I have a script which prints from the iPad but the problem is that it ignores the container fields which have signatures in them. This area is blank the rest of the document prints fine.
      This script works fine on a computer the signatures print.
      When I save as a PDF on the iPad the signatures are there.
      Any suggestions would be appreciated. Filemaker Go 18 and 19 both have the problem. I have updated the iPad OS.
      On the computer we use v19.
      Thank you
      Chris
    • By chris_elle
      Hello 
      I have a script which works fine on the computer but does not quite work on the iPad. The Send Mail creates an email with an attachment and should insert a 'to' and 'cc' field in to the Mail fields. 
      On the iPad 'to' and 'cc' are missing. If I hard code in an email address it works.
      The attachments are added fine on the iPad. Everything works fine on the computer using FileMaker 19.
      Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have updated the IOS on the iPad and tried version 18 and 19 FMGO.
      Thanks
      Chris
    • By Travis Butler
      Working on a Go app for a customer, and building in a photo feature. Client would like the ability to select multiple photos in the Camera Roll and import them as one step - something like importing a folder of images in desktop FMPro. 
      From what I've seen so far, it doesn't look possible - Import script step doesn't work for picture/movie files on iOS, and Insert From Device (Photo Library) only allows selecting one photo. 
      Is anyone else aware of a way of making this work?
    • By Answers
      Our people out in the field take photos which go directly into the container fields, we would like those photos to automatically transfer to the camera roll/gallery. I know there is an export command and that would allow the techs to export and choose the location, save image etc... But that is a tad too complicated for them.
      Any suggestions on how to automate this process, the script for export field contents doesn't have a choice to save to camera roll.
      Thank you!
      Caroline
    • By mvoogt
      I have a webviewer that is loading a PDF from a container field. I'm doing this by using the following calculation in the webviewer:
      "data:application/pdf;base64," & Base64Encode ( iostest::PDF_Current )
      The PDF loads fine however on iOS it does not fill the screen (oddly enough on macos, it DOES fill the screen). Auto resizing on the webviewer is set to expand on all sides. The webviewer is the same size as the layout area as well.
      I tried to use an iframe with the method below however it still doesn't expand:
      "data:text/html,<!doctype><html> <body> <iframe src='data:application/pdf;base64," & Base64Encode ( iostest::PDF_Current ) & "' style='width:100%;height:100%;'></iframe> </body> </html> What can I do to get the PDF to be full screen on iOS in a webviewer? See attached image for reference.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.