Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SteveB

A Relationship Problem

Recommended Posts

I have a Contacts DataBase and a Scheduling DataBase. While in the Contacts DB, the user selects a date to work with, which I then store in a global date field (called Global Date). I created a relationship to one of the fields in the Scheduling DB called 'Schedule Date'. This works fine...all appointments for the Global Date are displayed in the portal.

What complicates and raises the problem is the following: I have other activities, such as making a phone call, a task, a deadline, etc. that have no dates and should appear on the schedule until the user has marked them as being completed (in Completed field). I tried to change the relationship, but nothing works because I needed ( I think)to put 'Global Date' on the right side of the relationship which FM barffs at (can't index a global). I tried changing from a date to a number field (1 or 0) on both sides, but no good...same problem - can't index.

The only other way I can think of to fix the problem is with a script to insert Global Date into all activity records that aren't appointments...kind of kludgy?

Anybody have any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.