Contract Signature on Filemaker Go - iPad

This topic is 1029 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi you all, 

i am not a newbie but was off soooo long that il missing ideas 🙂

Here is what I want do: Ill have a small waiver that I want to be signed and initialed on the iPad. 

Since it can be different iPad and the smallest is an iPad mini I do not want just to show a pdf, also I want the paragraph to be initialized pieces by piece. 

So ill have two tables right now, one with all the attendees data and a second one with just a number and the paragraphs of the waiver. 

And ill want to display each paragraph on the screen, then they reader have to accept ( - initial (or decline of course)) and at the end signs.

I have all the knowledge for the signature, but where i am missing is the integration of the text and the next paragraph... it will be a relatively simply task ill know that already, but its just missing since I have not done this for a lot time (since fm14)

Any ideas or sample script that might light my day and sparkle 😉

Thanks willy 

oh sorry, ill using FM 19 and FM go

You need to cache the paragraph text to have a record of exactly what they initialed. So, third join table that has paragraph Id, paragraph text, person Id and signature, date signed. 

However, this type of "signature" is not legally binding. You may need a real electronic signature, ie DocuSign, HelloSign, etc. 

• Newbies
4 hours ago, bcooney said:

You need to cache the paragraph text to have a record of exactly what they initialed. So, third join table that has paragraph Id, paragraph text, person Id and signature, date signed. 

However, this type of "signature" is not legally binding. You may need a real electronic signature, ie DocuSign, HelloSign, etc. 

Yes that ok ill know ill have no audit trail. Thank you 🙂

But still not getting when il start how do ill let the script run the different § and it can change from location to location. 

im still a bit lost ... well lost in the dark haha

This topic is 1029 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.