Installing MirrorSync on Ubuntu FileMaker Server

This topic is 1007 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I had successfully installed MirrorSync 6 on a AWS Windows Server with FileMaker Server 19 (connecting to an AWS Aurora DB). 

I have now replaced that server with FMS 19 on Ubuntu Linux. But for the life of me I don't understand how to install MirrorSync on that box. The documentation says it can be installed on Mac, Windows, and Linux, but only gives instructions for Mac and Widows.

What am I missing?

We don't provide an installer for MirrorSync on Linux yet, but you're welcome to install Tomcat yourself on Ubuntu (there are numerous tutorials for doing this), and then drop in the MirrorSync.war file into the webapps folder like you would with any Tomcat web application.

If you don't feel confident installing Tomcat on Ubuntu, spin up a new EC2 instance to practice with. If you'd like us to do the install for you, we're happy to help but it's outside the scope of our free tech support - let me know if you want an estimate for doing that.

Thanks Jesse.

A statement under Installing/upgrading on the basic setup page such as For Ubuntu Linux install Tomcat and put the MirrorSync.war file in the webapps folder would be very helpful.

Not a full install guide but for folks using Linux is suffices (at least I hope it does; I'll try it tomorrow.)

And I hope I worked out most of my configuration issues when I set this up on Windows last year, so I won't have to contact tech support quite so much. 😉

Dave

This topic is 1007 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.