Disappearing global container field content

This topic is 1000 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This is weird: I have three .png's I want stored in a global container field, so I created the field--set for three repetitions--and inserted a .png in each "slot" using Insert Picture (when I right-click on the field.) They insert fine and referenced calculations associated with the field work as they should while I'm connected to the file. (It's hosted on virtualized FM server.) However, after I exit the file and re-enter it, the images are missing from the container field as well as from the referenced calculation fields.

As a troubleshooting step, I created three separately-named global container fields and inserted the appropriate image in each. Same thing: leave/exit the file and the images disappear.

Because it's a global field, I can't store the images externally. Would could be causing a container storage problem like this? I'm using FMP 19.3.22.206 and FileMaker Server 19.3.1.4.7

I created a workaround--I created a new table, loaded each image into its own record in the new table, then used the caption name field in each table to tie the tables together.

Edited by WF7A

This topic is 1000 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.