FM12 & OSX upgrade

jill

This topic is 905 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a FM solution for my small business (2 people), which I have been running on FM Server 12 (on a Mac Mini) with each of us using FM12 client, on OSX Sierra 10.12. It's a pretty basic database solution for order entry, customers, and vendors, which we have been using for 7 years.

I'm preparing to update our OSX as I feel we're going to need to do this sometime in the future in order to stay compatible with other programs we use. From what I've read, FM12 isn't going to be compatible with OSX versions higher than Sierra.

I've spent a lot of time reviewing the current FM options, but I'm still confused as to what would be our best solution. I really don't want to do a monthly subscription, but maybe that is the best option for us.

With just 2 of us using the database, running from Server 12, if I want to update our OSX to Mojave or possibly higher, what in your opinion would be my best approach? If I can find older versions of FM than 19, I'm open to purchasing those. 

$900 a year is the currently cheapest option for minimum 5 users and server. There is a promotion that is available for expired perpetual license holders that will get you current and should be 50% off your first year I can place an order for you and get an exact quote if you like.

You can send me a private message with your license info so I can make the inquires.

Is the only option now to pay monthly/annually? For a small business, it's really hard to cover that cost, which is why I've remained with FM12 for so many years.

This topic is 905 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.