Passwordless login for Filemaker

This topic is 882 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

my goal is a passwordless login for FileMaker hosted on server 19.  I setup Keycloak on a Raspberry Pi 4 running Ubuntu 20.04 and never got it to work mostly because I have never before ventured into this area.  I read about others who tried and failed to get this up and running on a local network.  My ISP does not provide me with a static IP, so I cannot easily get a domain name.  I must apologize ahead of time for asking some questions that will surely point out my ignorance.  What is "t4g.small instance with Ubuntu 20.04" on AWS? How much does it cost for 100 users for a year?  Can Keycloak be run on a Raspberry Pi 4 in production? (I never did see its performance after I got it installed). I see Keycloak is available for MacOS, but I have not seen anyone do this in any article or tutorial? If I were to get Keycloak up and running on a physical computer, what other methods allow passwordless login besides YubiKey?  I have knowledge of filemaker's NFC reading function on IOS. (I have written to nfc from my iPhone and read the data in via filemaker). I assume the yubikey works on the computer much like a jump drive.  Does anyone know if it's possible to use an nfc tag in tandem with a jump drive to home brew a YubiKey?  I currently have 6 levels of security groups in around a dozen files.  Each new user is being added manually.  I am working on a series of scripts to help remove the tedious repetitive tasks of adding and removing users.  My scripts prompt me with "allow this script to run in remote file" and when I say yes it seems to work, but does not stick.  The question repeats for some files but not for others?  so, far I have not learned why that is so.  I worry about turning this on as some advise against it.  Is it possible to use openPGP to provide 2factor login.  could that work with NFC tags?  ouch I should stop here.  hope I didn't wear out my welcome....

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 882 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.