Passing a Subtotal to an Invoice

This topic is 870 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am trying to transfer a Subtotal line of an Invoice from FM to QuickBooks using the FM Book Connector. What I pass is just the Line Item and the Description using the "InvoiceLineAdd" as I am expecting QuickBooks to automatically calculate the value of the Subtotal.

But I get an error Code 3040 as per file attached.

Any clue on how to deal with Subtotals?

Thanks

Michele Annoni

Subtotal in Invoice.jpg

Are you doing some kind of conversion in your error message? QB doesn't have an "Item Amount" element. When you write "...just the Line Item..." do you mean the FullName / ListID value of the ItemSubTotal?

It might be useful to capture the value of PCQB_SGetXML ( "Request" ) to see what it contains. I'm guessing, having never attempted to pass an ItemSubtotal line to an Invoice, that the problem may trace to the "PCQB_RqAddFieldWithValue ( "Amount" ; ... ) function evaluating with a null value. I believe that function should be skipped when passing an ItemSubTotal Invoice LineItem.

HTH!

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC 28105

Dear Geoffrey,

you were right. There was a flag that was not working correctly and so the program was passing the field "Amount" to the item "Subtotal". Once the flag was properly tested the field "Amount" was skipped and the "Subtotal" correctly flow into QBs.

Many thanks

Michele Annoni

This topic is 870 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.