Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Attach PDF to Email - Script

This topic is 854 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

For a while, I was using several container fields to hold different PDF files, and then different scripts that would take a particular PDF from a container and attach it to an email.  However, it's not working anymore and wondering if the following route would work better.

We have a single PDF on a network drive (Windows).  In the script, I added the path, but it doesn't want to "attach" (the email doesn't show any attachments).  Wondering if I'm doing something wrong, and if you could advise on if this path looks correct.

The path is:  

K:/Documents/Training/Answer%20Sheet%20.pdf

I tried using:

filewin:\\K:\Documents\Training\Answer%20Sheet%20.pdf

but that didn't work.

I am also open to any advice you may have!  Thank you!

If you are using the Send Mail script step, with the Attach Files option, then you need to use a valid Filemaker path

If you want to see exactly what the path should look like, insert the file into a container, as reference only. Then look at the result of GetAsText ( YourContainerfield ) . There will be a relative and an absolute path to the file, on separate lines. Use the absolute one.

--
P.S. Please add your FM version to your profile, so that we know what you can use - for example:
https://help.claris.com/en/pro-help/content/convert-to-filemaker-path.html

This topic is 854 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.