Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Strange script behavior

revjj

This topic is 821 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a layout that shows a popover menu that that allows you to to select one of many buttons that perform the same script using different script parameters for each button.  i.e., the script parameter for button water is "water", the script parameter for for the button power is "power", etc.  The layout is here.

image.png.fbac261d13a9f0cd0bccb63539bd4eb9.png

The script is as follows.

image.png.e2bb54baac9f34403ce4aaee18f3f2ee.png

Var1$ also sets the Chart Title.  When I select the button water, power, media. etc. I get the appropriate chart title but when I select the JBJ button the chart title defaults to "Power" every time.  Pretty strange.  See the video.

Based on your description, it should work (at least up to a point*). So either the actual file is different from the description or there is something else that you have left out.

--
(*)  As you know, a script variable (prefixed by a single $) is scoped to the duration of the script. Since your script is still running when the chart is rendered, the title will be populated by the value in the variable and displayed as such. But on the next window redraw the title will be empty.

I have another video here with audio that slowly shows what's going on.  I'll make this as short as possible as this forum does not allow for large videos ( I already tried that).  To preface, here is a layout that points out the areas to focus on.  Specifically, $Var1, Bill Type and Chart Header.  I'm showing the graph itself as well as the script debug tool and data viewer.  Hopefully my video will attach as well.  Note: The MP4 wants to open in a windows application but QuickTime handles it well.

Thanks again.

FM View.pdf

This topic is 821 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.