Server Maintenance This Week. ×

How to set values referencing fieldnames

This topic is 701 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello

I managed to insert fieldnames into a word file, which MBS is able to find using the "WordFile.FieldNames" function. However if I want to set a value into one of those fields, MBS throws the following error "[MBS] Failed to find field: Test03".

I also tried combing controlfields(this is what the MBS plging is calling fieldnames)  with "text form fields". But nothing,.....    :)

Questions

1. How do I have to setup a word file, in order to effectively use the "WordFile.SetFieldText" function correctly?
  2. Is it possible to set a "true" value for a checkbox using fieldnames? If so...  please tell me too :)

Thank you :)

Have a nice day

Robert

Edited by Electric_Soul

Ok...   so I managed to set checkboxes too :=)

First of all. Do not use leagcy controls.

image.png.fcad9be7ba579c28b062cd1180710c79.png

If you need to set a checkbox, use the WordFile.SetFieldText function, to obtain the value from a already set checkbox. MBS plugin has an example fmp12 files, to help out.

image.thumb.png.82e1a8a2dae36e70e48981b4abd58627.png

However setting checkboxes seems flawed. If you open a word file that was manipulated with MBS and you click on a checked checkbox, you'll notice than the checkbox is not being unchecked. Only if you click twice. You could also set any characters into the checkbox field. If you'd click on those characters, then they'd be replaced with the checkbox sign. I'd say this basically means, that the checkbox is not being set at all. But it looks like it.

So... not ideal, but enough for my purposes.

Edited by Electric_Soul

This topic is 701 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.