Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Plugins will not activate on server 18

This topic is 688 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Running FMS 18.0.4.426 on a MacPro with macOS 10.14.6. Updated all the plugins to the latest versions and installed via Install Plug-In on server.

I've installed several 360Works plugins, but I'm concerned right now with the email plugin. The plugin installs and shows up in the admin console, but when I click the switch to activate it the switch goes right then immediately de-selects.

BaseElements and MBS activate just fine. The old Mailit plugin won't even let me move the switch.

All plugins are owned by fmserver with rwxr-xr-x permissions.

Just for experimental purposes I tried installation on FMS 17.0.5.500 on a MacPro macOS 10.13.6, and on FMS 19.4.2.204 on a M1 Mac mini macOS 12.4.

Both those work just fine.

Why does FMS 18 hate me? Any thoughts?

Dave

Hi Dave,

Try the following:

1. Open Finder and navigate to /Library/FileMaker Server/Library/Application Support

2. Look for a 360Works folder and if it exists delete it but keep this Finder window open to this location

3. Go back to the Admin console and try to enable the plugin. It will probably switch off again, this is ok

4. Go back to the Finder window from step 3 and see if the 360Works folder has been recreated. If it has, wait a few minutes and check back in the admin console to see if the plugin is now enabled. 

If the plugin does not enable after doing so, we will need to see the temp logs to troubleshoot. On Mac these are found in /tmp and will be called called 360Works Email_XXXX where is XXXX is a random alphanumeric string. Send those in an email to [email protected] and reference this thread.

• Plus1 1

That did the trick. All the 360Works plugins are now active and working. Now I can set up any number of email blasts to be sent at separate times in the future. 

Interestedly, the MailIt plugin will now activate. (Not using it anymore, but why clearing the 360Works files also made MailIt work is curious.)

Thank you for the quick and accurate response. As usual for 360Works.

Dave

This topic is 688 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.