Print 2-up on a label using a Dymo label printer

Rich S

This topic is 624 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm not sure if this is do-able, but I thought I'd ask.

We print a lot of labels for equipment and hit upon the idea that for smaller devices like iPad power supplies, if we could print two records per label then we could slice the labels down the middle and save money to boot. (See attachment for format-- it's in Layout mode)

The problem is that with a label printer, each label is a page/record. Is there a way to print labels so there are not two of the same names/records per label but different names on each "half" of the label, i.e., if we have a list of ten people, five labels would print with a (different) name per each half of the label?

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 9.42.19 AM.png

You could print half of the records and include the other half via a relationship. How exactly to do that depends on how you establish which records to print; if it's a result of a find, you would probably want to import it into a dedicated printing table.

I have also seen cases where people printed a set of records, then fed the result back to the printer to print another set (typically, on the other side of the paper). Not sure if that's applicable to your situation.

Thanks (again)--I'll have to put on my pointed hat and noodle on that for a while.

Unfortunately, re-feeding wouldn't be practical for a label printer. : |

This topic is 624 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.