How to display a filtered list

human

This topic is 589 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a solution for auditioning audio tracks and searching for keywords. There is a track table where each track has a unique track ID, and that is related to a keyword table via a join table "kwd_file" which relates the track ID to the keyword ID's. So far that is pretty straight forward. But each keyword is assigned one of nine categories which have ID's and names, such as "mood" (catID  = 1), "genre" (catID = 2), etc. So now instead of displaying all the keywords for a particular track, I want the user to be able to select one of the nine categories and only display the track's keywords that are in the selected category. Seems like it should be easy, but so far the only way I've been ale to do it is to get the list of keywords for that track and then loop through it and check if it's a member of the selected category. I tried it with a filtered portal - I assign the catID to a global field and filter the portal on that field - but it doesn't work - it just displays the entire list of keywords for the track.

Ideally I would like the final output to be a pop-over. But I don't think you can put a portal in a pop-over.

Do a search for conditional value list.

Consider also selecting from a card window showing a list (i.e. a found set) of keywords in the selected category.

1 hour ago, human said:

I don't think you can put a portal in a pop-over.

Of course you can.

Edited by comment

1 hour ago, comment said:

Do a search for conditional value list.

I understand conditional value lists, but I don't need to display a value list. That is to say, I've already allowed the user to pick a category from a value list, now I need to display the results. I'm having trouble with this because I can't seem to get the relationships correct, although they have been working in general.

Good to know you can display a portal in a pop-over. 

1 hour ago, comment said:

This topic is 589 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.