make a record "public / private"

Amedeo
Go to solution Solved by comment,

This topic is 586 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a question about how to solve this ... I have a group of employees who create their own clients (viewed also like list) and which other employees cannot access with security level filters and privilege set customization (based on created by and then Get(AccountName)...but I would like to do this: if a record is "flagged" public the other employees can also view that record, while if I want to make it private I do not apply the flag and only the owner can view the record ... what can I do? Thanks

Yeah that could be a part of the solution and seems to be great... but i have an other problem... there are the supervisors (with their own privilege) that need to view all clients created by the employees but they may create also their own ones. So how i may give the possibility to the supervisor to make public/private record but to view all the records created by the employees? the 2 priviledge sets are:

- employees: create their clients and may share the clients with the other. No employee can view an other emploee's client if not public

- supervisor: must view all clients of employee but they may private/public their own client to all and other supervisors

i know that is something strange. Thanks

Edited by Amedeo

Before getting into the public/private distinction: if a supervisor is allowed to view any record created by any employee, but not any record created by another supervisor, then a record must have a field indicating it was created by a supervisor. The CreatedBy field, storing the creator's account name, is not sufficient for this.

Consider also what should happen if a user is promoted from employee to supervisor, or vice versa.

Edited by comment

• Solution
8 hours ago, Amedeo said:

I think it'll be something very very complicated

I don't think so. All you need is a text field that auto-enters a calculated value of:

Get ( AccountPrivilegeSetName )

Then allow supervisors to view records when:

CreatedBy = Get ( AccountName ) or CreatorPrivSet = "Employees" or IsPublic

For good measure, do not allow employees or supervisors to modify the CreatorPrivSet field.

Edited by comment

Yeah seems to work great! Thanks. So now i need to find a solution to escape from a record and return dashboard if i set to private a record but another user is viewing that record changed to private.. to avoid user see <<no access>>

This topic is 586 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.