Email-plugin 4.024506 not compatible with FM Pro 19.5.3

This topic is 506 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I just upgraded to MacOS Monterey, and downloaded a fresh FM Pro 19.5.3. Then I downloaded and installed Email plugin 4.024506.

Every time I start FM Pro I now get the following error:

Plug-in initialization error

Unable to initialize plug-in child process

MacOS Monterey

Email-plugin 4.024506

Claris Pro 19.5.3

(Not tested other 360Works plug-ins yet.)

Looking forward to hearing from you. I keep upgrades at client sites on hold until the culprit has been found.

Best regards

Tommy A.

Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro M1 Max,  FileMaker Pro 19.5.3.300, 360Works Email 4.024506

Enables and sends email just fine.

Are you running Claris Pro, or FileMaker Pro?

Dave

Edited by Dave Vaklyes

Hi Tommy,

Init issues are usually resolved by deleting the 360Works folder and letting the plugin set it back up. Please try the following:

1. Shut down FileMaker pro

2. Open Finder and navigate to /Users/Ryan/Library/Application Support , look for a 360Works folder and delete it.

3. Start FileMaker Pro. You should a progress window open that says Preparing Plugins for first use. 

4. Once that completes and FileMaker Pro opens, go in to Preferences->Plugins and make sure that the plugin is listed there and is checked as enabled. 

If the plugin will still not enable after doing the above, please send an email to [email protected] referencing this thread which will create a support ticket for you and we will assist you from there.

Same problem after removal of 360Works folder in ~/App Support, and clean install of FM and Email-plug-in:

Plug-in initialization error

Unable to initialize plug-in child process

Removed the 360Works folder in App Support user folder. 

I get the preparing for first use message, but after the process is done, I get the Plug-in initialization error.

I only have the Email plug-in installed. No other.

Will contact [email protected] as you suggest, Ryan.

Tommy

• 1 month later...

Still the same problem with the latest release of the plug-in downloaded today: Unable to initialize plug-in child process

Contacted support several weeks ago as suggested by "ryan360Works". No feedback yet. Holding back upgrading client solutions for the moment.

This is the only plugin I have problems with. Will probably have to migrate to another email plug-in if we do find a solution relatively quick.

Hi Tommy,

For the future, we try to answer support tickets within two business days so if you have not heard back from us within that time frame, we encourage you to follow up. That said, you should have received an automated response from us when emailing [email protected] confirming we received your email and providing a ticket number. It should start with "HD-" Can you please give that to me and I can take a look?

Hi Tommy,

Since you hadn't heard back from us and you did not receive the automated response then I suspect your email did not make it to our support system. Please send a new email referencing this thread and attach the temporary logs. See this page for log locations. If you do not receive an automated response within 10-15 minutes of sending the email, please bump this thread.

This topic is 506 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.