Table View not sticking?!

34South

This topic is 580 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am a decades long user of FM and very frequently use a simple New Window command from button script in my solutions to display a log of user login and logout activity. That layout points to a table which is populated with calculated fields to record account, IP, timestamp, etc. This all works perfectly. However, and perhaps my morning coffee just hasn't kicked in yet, the window always defaults to form view, even though I have repeatedly set it to table view and saved the window layout. When I manually change to browse mode after again setting the default view to table view (the attached images shows a greyed out form view option since I have disabled form and list views, even though I have repeatedly set it to table view and saved the layout), the window displays in table view. However, when I call the command from script, it reverts to form view! Similar scripts/layouts in other solutions perform as expected. There are no Script Triggers on the layout itself. I have created a new layout to test if there was something quirky with the original but the same occurs. I have used a workaround by including a script set to view as table, but that was never previously required.

Screenshot 2022-09-16 at 10.03.54.png

Screenshot 2022-09-16 at 10.09.10.png

Edited by 34South
Additional clarification provided

What happens if you enable list view, and set the default to table? Then, disable list view in order to change the default view. Looks as if the default is stuck on form and you can only change it when you enable more than one view. 

This topic is 580 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.